Tuesday, January 1, 2008

100 New Year's Resolutions

Mindy put up an uberlist of resolutions last year, and then revisited it again this year. I never make a New Year's resolution, because I don't keep them, but her list intriqued me. Also the fact that she's not flogging herself for achieving 1/3 of the list.

I'm lazy, so I'm swiping it.

1. BEAUTY: get a hair cut every 6 weeks. I didn't think it was that bad until I had to search the hardrive for a photo and couldn't find ONE with a fresh hair cut.
2. BEAUTY: get eyebrows waxed as often as I get a hair cut.
3. BEAUTY: spend more time putting on accesories in the morning
4. BEAUTY: shave legs more often
5. BOOKS: delete or buy the books that have been sitting in my amazon wishlist
6. BOOKS: finish the pile of books I asked for and got for Christmas
7. BOOKS: get a library card for the town we live in now.
8. BOOKS: use some of the cookbooks I already have.
9. BOOKS: ask friends for good books
10. BOOKS: donate/ebay the piles of books we're done with
11. BLOG: update blog at least once a week
12. BLOG: work on redesigning site
13. BLOG: meet a fellow blogger in real life
14. BLOG: participate in NaBloPoMo again
15. BLOG: comment more on other people’s blogs
16. BLOG: stop losing my blogging voice, and just write
17. CREATE: do a felted mat for the dog
18. CREATE: finish the layette that I gave up on when we didn't get pregnant on "my" calendar.
19. CREATE: finish the crochet blanket I started
20. CREATE: take a crochet class
21. CREATE: take a jewlery making class
22. CREATE: make jewlery that doesn't fall apart when worn
23. CREATE: take a cake decorating class
24. CREATE: bake more cakes
25. CREATE: thread crochet snowflakes in time for next christmas
26. ENVIRONMENT: haul bottles and cans to recycling center twice a month when grocery shopping
27. ENVIRONMENT: investigate cloth diapers
28. FRIENDS: Make friends with people who aren't just like me
29. FRIENDS: Learn to be friends with people older/younger than me
30. FRIENDS: Be available for friends 24/7
32. FRIENDS: Have someone over twice a month
33. HEALTH: limit soda consumption to once a week, I've done this before, it shouldn't be THAT hard.
34. HEALTH: stop gaining weight (178 lbs is the heaviest I've EVER been in my whole life), trying to lose weight just makes the situation worse.
35. HEALTH: sleep 7-8 hours EVERY NIGHT in 2008.
36. HEALTH: add pilates to my regular workout
37. HEALTH: make a serious effort to work out four times a week, add pilates
38. HEALTH: take a long walk at least twice a week
39. HEALTH: eat at least one fresh item of food at each meal
40. HEALTH: actually JOG
41. HEALTH: prepare a homemade meal at least twice a week
42. HOME: more vacuuming / less complaining about dirty floors
43. HOME: replace the couches that are as old as my husband with something cheap but comfortable.
44. HOME: set goal for saving for a downpayment, and STICK TO IT firmly this year.
45. HOME: clean back yard/patio too.
46. HOME: stop neglecting plants and fish
47. HOME: teach the dog to stay on her blanket (in her assigned space) on command
48. HOME: curb dog behavior problems with regular dog adventures
49. HOME: dog agility training
50. HOME: do more to keep the house clean during the week, so its not a disaster on Saturday
52. HOME: hang all hangable frames on the walls
53. HOME: put pictures in ALL of the empty picture frames I have laying around
54. HOME: establish cleaning schedule & stick to it
55. HOME: regular baths for the dog, to curb the shedding which dirties the floors
56. IMPROVEMENT: reconnect with floudering little brother
57. IMPROVEMENT: be more than just polite to certain family members
58. IMPROVEMENT: identify career goals
59. IMPROVEMENT: use degree
60. IMPROVEMENT: talk to career counselor
61. IMPROVEMENT: seriously tackle issues with my body / self-image
62. IMPROVEMENT: work on saying “no” when I really want to
63. IMPROVEMENT: spend less time feeling guilty about things beyond my control
64. IMPROVEMENT: spend more time fixing things that are in my control
65. LOVE: take at least four roadtrips
66. LOVE: go on a date at least once a month
67. LOVE: spend more time together (away from the tv and computers)
68. LOVE: no more slient treatment
69. MONEY: meet downpayment savings goal: 10% home price
70. MONEY: teach more classes, do it well
71. MONEY: start planning for retirement
72. MONEY: $6 budget for weekly coffee/goodies and stick to it.
73. MONEY: budget for and pay cash for Husband's new car
74. MONEY: pack lunches, stick to $15/week eating lunch out
75. MONEY: take a realistic look at disposable income, and find out where our money is going
76. MONEY: add at least $xxxx.xx to savings
77. MONEY: save $ for Christmas & stick to gift-giving budget
78. SPIRITUAL: spend more time in prayer
79. SPIRITUAL:get used to the church we have chosen
80. SPIRITUAL: let my light shine brighter
81. SPIRITUAL: try to appreciate good values in people that really get on my nerves
82. SPIRITUAL: spend more time reading books that enrich my spiritual life
83. TRAVEL: plan four roadtrips
84. TRAVEL: New York
85. TRAVEL: San Diego
86. TRAVEL: Santa Barbara
87. TRAVEL: Somewhere cheaper than New York, San Diego, and Santa Barbara
88. TRAVEL: Figure out why I don't like traveling and get over it
89. TRAVEL: Visit inlaws
90. VOLUNTEER: help with student clubs at work
91. VOLUNTEER: find a ministry that I can serve in comfortably
92. VOLUNTEER: give blood every time a blood drive is held
93. VOLUNTEER: babysit and dogsit. Remember that its FUN!
94. VOLUNTEER: write at least 3 letters to sponsored child in Chile
95. VOLUNTEER: play with horses
96. WISHING: laser skin treatment
97. WISHING: a place with a fireplace and a dishwasher
98. WISHING: lose 20 pounds
99. WISHING: spend a week away from the computer
100.WISHING: get back to the spa
101.WISHING: host a party
102.WISHING: hire a housekeeper to come once a month
103.WISHING: visit New York for a fun weekend

1/3 Of this list is a success. We'll see in 2009.

No comments: